Sunday, May 22, 2011

Good Mommy

Addison is very into "girls night out."  The last two girls-night-outs that I went on were actually at our house with some good friends from church.  Since it was at our house, Addison got to stay with me while Al took the boys over to a friends house to hang-out.

So, my little girl has been asking for months when our next girls-night-out would be.  So we planned one for this past Friday night at my friend Alice's house.  Here was our conversation on the ride over:

A:  I might have 5 babies. Or 7 babies. Or maybe 10 babies.
Me:  I think you will make a great Mommy Addison
A:  I know
Me:  Really?  Why do you think you will make a great Mommy?
A:  Because I'm gonna give my babies whatever they want.
Me:  Is that what Daddy and I do?
A:  Kinda
Me:  Does Mommy and Daddy give you everything you want?
A:  Well, (long pause) Daddy doesn't, but Mommy does.
Me:  Silence and then laughter

Reality:  I do not always give her what she wants ... but I often do.  She does have me twisted around her little finger.  She is a sweet, lovely little girl who wants to please her Mom and Dad.  She is often bossy and says that she is in charge of "the brothers."

She thrives on one-on-one time ... especially with Mommy and loves to be with me whatever I am doing ... even if I am just taking off my make-up after a day in the office.  She is beautiful, both inside and out.  And we have spent a lot of time talking to her about how much more important it is to be beautiful on the inside than the outside. 

And she is a little shy.  So hard for me to understand as I don't think I have ever had that problem.  She takes a little while to warm up to people.  But when you have won her trust, she is warm and loving, funny and kind. 


I could not have asked God for a more perfect little girl and I think she will be a good Mommy one day!

No comments: